Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Haunted House ATCs

A set of atcs for the In This House group - Haunted House Tryptych cards. They had to be attatched - a new thing for me. Nice little challenge. The group seems like it could be very enriching. I'm involved with so many other things right now, I don't have the time I'd like to devote to getting to know everyone there. All in good time. I've got another project going there as well - a haunted house collage, like the ones in the book except smaller. I've goten out all my creepy Halloween goodies to use - very fun indeed. I want to make something exceptional, but I'm trying not to be too influenced by the artists in the book. Although, that too is okay - being influenced by artists you admire - I think there is a fine line between that and losing your own personal style though. So I'm going to have fun with it.

3 comments:

Karen Owen said...

Mary, these are exceptional! I love all of them, but I'm especially drawn to the one in the middle with the arch. Great job!

Karen

Anonymous said...

This is stunning. I love each panel.

Anonymous said...

mary - LOVING these! so classic. hasn't it been fun to halloween becoming a bigger and bigger holiday? more cool stuff to collect to use in our art and to make a ghouled out home!