Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Fourth


It's Fourth of July. Unfortunately it's raining today. Too bad, since it's the Tioga County Fair, too. We're going to Highland Park for fireworks. Maybe a ride on the carousel. It's a nice park - with a pool - the kidz love it there and bug me to go all summer. Living in this small town of Owego, I think it's made me more family oriented. Like, I have a lot of pride for being an upstate New York girl, and that my kids are here living, just as I did when I was their age. We even live in the same neighborhood. Small town America, it makes life a more simple venture.


Here I have posted my first attempt at a canvas collage. I used acrylic paint, and put on collage items with gel medium, then crackling medium with tea dye distress ink rubbed in the cracks. Then of course a chipboard accent, along with a few other ditties...


No comments: