Monday, November 06, 2006

Mary's Words


Mary's Words
Here is my layout for the latest challenge from Beyond Appearances. The challenge is: "I Really Shouldn't..." I thought long and hard about all the things I really shouldn't be doing - and there is a lot to choose from, I tell you that! I didn't want to be negative in this piece, so I came up with the concept that I really should never take anything for granted, namely my family. I of all people know, first hand, that it all could be gone in a moment, just like that. I have experienced the loss of something I cherish, having it slip through my fingers, having to suffer without something that is dear to me in every sense. I have learned that I should never, ever take what I hold dear for granted. The things in life that truly matter must be worked for, and worked to keep. Something like family is a constant responsibility to work at - it just doesn't get there and work smoothly without a lot of commitment and attention, give and take, compromise, and putting others before myself. Having lived with my family scattered about, not all under one roof where they belong - that made me think about all it takes to really make it work. To take for granted that they will always be there, and that we will have a successful home life - that is a very shallow and vain state of mind. I embrace all it takes to make it work, and I wholeheartedly commit myself to having my family be first priority in my life. Everything could so easily be gone in an instant. Therefore I value every moment we have, and am thankful for all of us being together, healthy, and able to experience real unity and love. I thank God every day for the gifts he has given me.

No comments: